[talk-au] Mapping houses and addresses in Sydney

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 23:39:19 UTC 2018

On 06/06/18 08:51, Dion Moult wrote:
> Thanks Andrew et all,
>
> Yes, I have used the ESRI imagery layer. Thanks for the heads up of the LPI base map. Before I go too far, can one of you please look at the work I've done so far if I'm doing things correctly? Here is a small sample in the suburb of Epping that I have traced houses and added addresses:
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/-33.78071/151.06628
>
> In that scenario I did not trace off the LPI imagery, but instead traced off ESRI. I noticed if I enable the LPI imagery, the houses don't line up. Should this be fixed? If so, what's the best way?

Any imagery can have a 'offset' from where it should be. And that offset will vary as you go up and down hills.

The LPI Imagery has much better resolution and less parallax error than the other sources .. I prefer it to any other images for its accuracy.

That said it is usefull to check with other images for more up to date things. I found in Coffs Harbour that the DigitalGlobe stuff is more current.

I'll leave others to comment on that address stuff.. no expert on that (yet). :)