[talk-au] Road name abbreviation exception?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 23:13:59 UTC 2018

On 29/06/18 21:08, Richard Fairhurst wrote:

> Warin wrote:
>> I expand these out to Saint. I think that is correct in the English
>> language.
> It is expressly _incorrect_ in British English and if this were a UK
> discussion you would be asked to put them back to St. I can't speak for
> Australian English but it wouldn't surprise me if it were the same.
>
> https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/19609/saint-or-st-is-there-an-official-osm-policy
>
> Richard

Humm I'll wait until I get my hands on the OZie Govts 'Style Guide'..

However .. The UK does not look like a good guide as to what to do?

Saint Paul's Cathedral way 369161987 ...

has the name 'Saint Paul's Cathedral' (and has that name for over 2 years) .. surrounding features are named 'St Paul's" and others named 'Saint Paul's' .. rather inconsistent!

Are the signs there that inconsistent too?