[talk-au] Large contribution to update OSM rural / offroad tracks in Australia

James Nuccio j.nuccio at newtracs.com.au
Wed Apr 3 04:59:16 UTC 2019

Hi OSM community!

I'm relatively new to using and contributing to OSM but must say I'm really
getting into it.  I am currently building a navigation app targeted towards
the 4wding market which makes use of OSM.  Part of our offering is to
geo-track our users as they navigate through the bush to better understand
the 4wd tracks themselves.

A byproduct of this process is that we have hundred of traces to be able to
validate the geometry of current tracks, as well as add new tracks to the
database.  All of these traces are an aggregation of user data, not traces
of individual users.

I am keen to get this info back into OSM but I'm looking for help as I
don't have capacity to do so myself.  However I'd still like the
contributions to be entered under my OSM userid.

Is this something anyone can help with?  I'm based in Melbourne if that
makes a difference.

Cheers
James

--