[talk-au] Importing Hobsons Bay City Council tree data into OSM

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:56:38 UTC 2019

Great working on sourcing those waivers!

Do you either have a sample .osm file or could you post an example of what
tags/values will be imported? Can you say anything further about how you
will transform the data? ie. removing "Unknown" values etc.

Regarding the source tag, I think it must be on the changeset, but can
optionally be on each object as well. It was once pointed out to me that
the source on the object may lead to editors thinking they can't
change/touch the object, and it can also be misleading when changes
subsequently happen. Mind you, I still add source, source:geometry,
source:name etc. tags where I feel it's appropriate manually, I just don't
think it's essential to have them on each object.

Feel free to post a link to this thread
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-au/2019-April/012577.html as
a changeset tag or comment to help link the import back to this discussion.