[talk-au] OSGeo Oceania as a not-for-profit entity? Your feedback, please

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 02:20:30 UTC 2019

Thanks for the feedback Graeme. I agree 100% with holding an AGM &
producing financial reports. In all likelihood, we'd aim for holding an AGM
at the annual conference, which is easily our best opportunity for a
face-to-face meeting. Details will be sorted out in due course, but I
definitely encourage you to keep our feet to the fire on this :)

Re: getting professional help. I agree - it's not necessarily hugely
complicated. However I think what we're facing is a bit of complexity in
the order of operations, and optimising the process. While we could likely
figure it out ourselves, it would be helpful to have someone with
experience to save us time & effort, and possibly help us avoid making
mistakes. So, the thinking behind paying a professional is to 1) lighten
the volunteer load a bit, while 2) ensuring we do this correctly and
efficiently. That said, if there is someone in the community who has
experience with this, and wants to lend a hand, let's talk...