[talk-au] QTOPO online maps

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 06:56:52 UTC 2019

On the subject of what can we use, I've been looking (only looking &
sometimes confirming that what I thought is correct!) at the QTOPO map
http://qtopo.dnrm.qld.gov.au/Mobile/

I know we have Qld Globe listed on the Data Catalogue as "Appears to not be
under an open license" but QTOPO appears to be a different department
(although they all apparently change their names on a regular basis, so who
would know?)

QTOPO copyright https://www.dnrme.qld.gov.au/home/legal/copyright is listed
as CC BY 4.0 & includes: "Under this licence you are free to use this
information in accordance with the licence terms without having to seek
permission from our department."

Would that be OK to use, or would we still need permission & waiver?

Thanks

Graeme