[talk-au] topic A: the platform itself

David Wales daviewales at disroot.org
Fri Sep 20 07:03:10 UTC 2019

I am a member of some international OSM Slack channels.

However, because it requires a whole different app (which I only have space for on my computer), I only check it monthly at best.

On the other hand, I read every talk-au message within a few days of original posting, because they all arrive in my email inbox on my phone.

If the number of talk-au emails reaches overwhelming levels, it might be necessary to investigate other solutions. However, I don't think we have reached that point yet.

If we ever did explore alternatives, I would prefer an open platform, which we can host ourselves, rather than Slack or some other proprietary system.

Regards,
David