[talk-au] Vicmap Lite - Public Land (Parks and Reserves) not working

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 08:25:57 UTC 2020

This was added by an annonymous user in
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Maps/Australia?sfp_email=&sfph_mail=&action=diff&version=47&old_version=46&sfp_email=&sfph_mail=

I was not aware we had permission to use this service, we have permission
to use the data, but I didn't know the API endpoint was for public use. It
looks like the service is down, we could ask the vicmap people if we can
use this service and see if the are aware of the issue.

The data is still available for download via
http://services.land.vic.gov.au/SpatialDatamart (find VicMap Products then
VicMap Lite, and limit to whole of state vic). The download process can be
hard to workout the first time.

I've downloaded and converted the layer to GeoJSON which can be loaded into
JOSM http://tianjara.net/data/vmlite_public_land_su5.zip