[talk-au] Fire Station Operators

Andrew Davidson theswavu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 06:32:52 UTC 2020

On 26/1/20 12:29 pm, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:> However, there were
"only" 718 listed. Earlier, Warin mentioned 944 > stations in the
database, & I've spotted 3 that I know of that weren't > listed (or
previously mapped).
I was confused by this as well. At the moment there are 734 "fire
stations" in OSM (NSW):

https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/Qjr

But these include a number of control centres and training facilities so
it a bit over the actual number correctly mapped.

According to the latest annual report of FRNSW there are 335 metro fire
stations in NSW, and NSW RFS says there are 2002 rural brigades. Given
that a rural brigade does not necessarily have a physical presence on
the ground or they might have more than one home, we can't really say
how many RFB stations there are.

The Base Map has 1688 rural fire stations and 338 metro, which is just
over 2000 (but these include control centres and training facilites as
well). By my calcs that's about 1200 missing fire stations, and that's
before we start worrying about the 300 RFB that may or may not be on the
LPI map.