[talk-au] Maxar bushfire imagery

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 22:34:58 UTC 2020

On 17/1/20 10:08 pm, Mateusz Konieczny wrote:

> 17 Jan 2020, 11:42 by andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com:
>
>     I'm all for using the lifecycle prefix,
>     https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lifecycle_prefix. I agreed
>     that if there's still remains there use ruined or destroyed, not
>     sure what the difference is though.
>
> ruined implies that ruins still remain, destroyed may mean that or
> that there is no trace at all
>
> in practice difference is minor if any

Most of these will still have foundations in place, they may not be fit
for reuse but they are there. Some fire places and chimneys too remain.

I'll use ruined. Unless there are other ideas?

>     Once it's been cleared you could use demolished, removed or raised
>
> Probably razed, not raised. I see not real difference.
>
>     , again not sure what the difference is. While damaged is not
>     documented it seems the perfect fit since there is no other
>     suitable tag for this on the wiki.
>
> damaged seems to me a poor fit as prefix, damaged building is still a
> building,
> and I would expect building=something tag to be used.

By damaged I mean part of the building is intact but another part has
been damaged .. e.g. a truck has run part way through the building.