[talk-au] tagging burnt areas

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 21:38:27 UTC 2020


A German mapper in Carbargo has used landuse=brownfield to map burnt areas.

One such area is a recreation ground... so it would be burnt grass.

Is it a good idea to map such things?

It could be said this is 'temporary' so not something OSM should map.

If so, how should it be tagged?

It is not really a landuse, nor a landcover.

Possibly a new key as a property key, say, burnt=yes?

More information about the Talk-au mailing list