[talk-au] Are Health Centres, hospitals

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Sep 4 06:45:41 UTC 2020

Sep 4, 2020, 07:09 by osm at 97k.com:

> some would not satisfy the definition of "clinic" depending on whether the 10 staff (as specified in the OSM wiki)

This sounds like wikifiddling to me. I reduced its weight in
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:amenity%3Dclinic&diff=2029091&oldid=1996391

>  I reckon the locals would regard the Burketown facility as their hospital even if it is not so named and even if it does not satisfy OSM criteria.

Note that OSM maps reality and official government/local referring to something under an unusual
 term is not changing type of feature. Prisons should be tagged as prisons, even if government
calls them "vocation centers".

If something is clearly not a hospital it should not be tagged as one even if official
or local name includes "hospital". Even if locals are referring to them as "hospital".