[talk-au] Are Health Centres, hospitals

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 00:17:05 UTC 2020

Continuing on with this, I've started looking at hospitals shown on the
Overpass search & updating their details based purely on a search for
"Whichever Hospital" (& have so far already found another normal medical
centre tagged as a hospital!).

All of the search results that I've looked at so far have referred back to
this Qld Health page:https://www.health.qld.gov.au/services, so I'm
wondering whether we're allowed to use it, to access details of all Qld
hospitals?

Health copyright (https://www.health.qld.gov.au/global/copyright-statement)
is shown as being under a Creative Commons Attribution No Derivatives 3.0
Australia <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/au/deed.en>
licence, & states
"In essence, you are free to copy and communicate the work in its current
form, as long as you attribute Queensland Health as the source of the
copyright material and abide by the licence terms".

The link for further permission to use their copyright material says:

"Queensland Health permission is required to:

   -

   adapt material from the Queensland Health website or other source where
   it is not expressly permitted by a copyright notice or Creative Commons
   licence.
   -

   use material from the Queensland Health website or other source in a
   manner that is expressly prohibited by the copyright notice or Creative
   Commons licence.

Queensland Health permission is *not required to: *

   -

   * provide a hyperlink to any Queensland Health internet page from
   another website*
   -

   do any act that is expressly permitted by a copyright notice or creative
   commons licence on the material.
   -

   print, download or *communicate whole or parts of documents sourced from
   any Queensland Health internet page*, provided that it is not expressly
   prohibited by a copyright notice or Creative Commons licence, the source is
   attributed (see below) and the material remains unaltered."

So, would we need to go through the full permission & waiver process to use
data off that Health page?

Thanks

Graeme