[talk-au] South Australia Speed Cameras

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 06:21:15 UTC 2021

While it's unfortunate that we'll probably have to revert these unless
permission is granted beyond the CC BY 3.0/4.0 it seems to be licenced
under, it's a worthwhile dataset to try and collect.

We do have a lot of mapillary imagery, which is concentrated on major roads:
https://www.mapillary.com/app/?pKey=2HbJuQpe6LbgU0CcssZ0Ig&focus=photo

With the 'map features' plugin, it does detect some of the traffic cameras.

Is there value in transforming the data we can't use into notes/a shared
spreadsheet and treating that as a prompt to check other sources? From the
looks of it, there are... under 200 cameras? That seems within reach to
crowdsource.