[talk-au] Military range area error - Cultana

Bob Cameron bob3bob3 at skymesh.com.au
Sat Feb 6 10:23:54 UTC 2021

This is (mainly) about the very large military area in SA roughly
between Iron Knob, Pt Augusta and Whyalla.

Currently only a portion of the Cultana Expansion area is indicated on
OSM. There was it seems an increase in size from 2014 onwards. The
original Cultana Training Area (that seems to go down to the western
shore of Spencer Gulf) is also missing.

I have seen various web references, but nothing accurate enough so far
to place a shape.

Would someone please point me at a data source we can use? Is anyone
else looking at this or military areas generally?

Tnx