[talk-au] Help with relation please

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 09:38:30 UTC 2021

On 4/2/21 10:53 am, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 at 19:23, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>
>     Looking at the park boundary to the south east of HMAS Watson it
>     can be seen that the boundary there does not follow any feature at
>     all! As this was originally part of the defense property possibly
>     the HMAS Watson follows a similar irregular boundary on its
>     seaward side.
>

> I would also say that at one time, the boundary of the military area
> extended further than it does now. There are two buildings there: /The
> Armoury/ & /The Officers Mess/ which would obviously have been
> included, but are now on public land, although still part of the
> National Park.

It also extended northwards to the gun emplacements that are now in the
park. The area has shrunk .. it could go further but then various things
would have to be moved ... $$$$$$$ ... There is a very small bit that
would have to remain at least at some coastal location close to the heads.

>     I was thinking of ringing the local council to see if they knew,
>     but given the irregular nature of the park boundary I can see
>     little point to it.
>
> I had a go at using the DCS Base & Topo maps, & was able to tweak part
> of the boundary a little bit, but they don't really show anything
> different to what we had.
>
>     I take it you have finished with your tag changes? If so I'll try
>     to alter the boundary so it uses the park boundary and cliff line
>     as separate ways in the relation.
>

> Yeah, pretty well. Tidied up a few roads & buildings but that's about
> it. If you look along the eastern boundary on top of the cliffs, you
> can see the line of the fence / wall, which I have followed, so it
> would appear that, while close, the boundary doesn't actually go to
> the edge of the cliff.

I did not see any fence there but then I was more interested in the
cliff. Unfortunately the DCS is giving me 'no tiles' messages at the
moment so I will have to leave it there for the moment.