[talk-au] seaward admin boundaries

Phil Wyatt phil at wyatt-family.com
Mon Jan 18 23:59:26 UTC 2021

Hi Warin,

You can probably get some definitions of the boundaries from the metadata for the respective layers in DCS. It probably differs between states even though we are meant to be a federation...

In Tasmania .....

* LIST Coastline depicts Mean High Water Mark for the State of Tasmania and offshore islands excluding Macquarie Island.

* Local Government Boundaries legally extend to Low Water Mark and include offshore rocks and islands adjacent to the coastline, irrespective of where the digital boundary may portray.

* Locality Boundaries generally extend to High Water Mark and may not include uninhabitable offshore rocks and small islands.

Of course there are always a few anomalies!

Cheers - Phil