[talk-au] seaward admin boundaries

cleary osm at 97k.com
Tue Jan 19 00:45:50 UTC 2021

As with other boundaries, I'd prefer to keep administrative boundaries separate from natural features even where they approximate and may once have precisely aligned.  I'd like to see administrative boundaries consistent with the authoritative government source/s while natural features such as rivers, coastline etc. are mapped from satellite imagery.  Even where coastline erodes or changes in other ways, I think the administrative boundaries in OSM should remain unchanged until the relevant government authority redraws them.

In regard to high-water and low-water marks, I defer to others with better knowledge.