[talk-au] Data challenges in Maproulette for AU territories

Oisin Herriott (Insight Global Inc) v-oiher at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 20 19:14:01 UTC 2021

Hi all,

The Microsoft Open Maps team has created and posted some MapRoulette challenges in ACT, TAS, and VIC territories (MapRoulette<https://maproulette.org/browse/projects/45510>).

These are also published on our Github page here (Data improvement MapRoulette challenges (Various markets) * Issue #69 * microsoft/Open-Maps (github.com)<https://github.com/microsoft/Open-Maps/issues/69>

Our team will work on these challenges periodically and we invite the local mapping community will join us, and we can help improve the map of Australia together. The challenges were generated using the 'Atlas' tool to find data problems in OSM.

You can read more information on 'Atlas checks' here<https://medium.com/critigenopensource/improving-openstreetmap-data-quality-with-atlas-checks-774a5831a34a>.

Maproulette is a fun tool for troubleshooting point-by-point data in OSM. For more information on maproulette, visit learn.maproulette.org.

As we create challenges for other territories we'll update on the talklist here and Maptime oceania slack channel.

Please feel free to reach out with comments via MapRoulette, changeset comments, or send an email to openmaps (at) microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Oisin