[talk-au] Queensland Stock Route Water Facility - tagging

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun May 9 00:06:35 UTC 2021

On Sun, 9 May 2021 at 09:31, Bob Cameron <bob3bob3 at skymesh.com.au> wrote:

> Dotted around bits of Qld there are droving stock route watering places.

Are they only for animal use, or can anybody stop there for water?

These seem to be paid for by Qld State Govt and provided by the local
> council. They consist of a couple of water tanks, some troughs and a
> holding yard. They seem to have the project name of "Queensland Stock
> Route Water Facility" with a common site signage (stockman on horse with
> sunset behind) and from nearest road direction finger sign.
>
> Each site/sign is appended with the local name/use. eg "Chippaway Night
> Yard"
>
> I was just going to add as an area;
> amenity=watering_place
> name=(site if known)
> Operator=Queensland Stock Route Water Facility

Would that be the Operator, or would the Operator be whichever Council?

Having said that, I'm not sure what you would list the QSRWF as?

plus any service road access using the same operator+name.,

> but wonder if tanks or other info is needed.

Certainly wouldn't hurt to show them as water tank nodes inside the area.

> I note;
>
> https://taginfo.geofabrik.de/australia-oceania/australia/tags/amenity=watering_place#map
> Doesn't have many Qld ones.

Not many at all! :-)