[talk-au] Victorian Vicmap Address Import Proposal

Andrew Harvey andrew at alantgeo.com.au
Wed May 19 13:26:57 UTC 2021

I've started to summarise the general consensus to some of the import questions at https://gitlab.com/alantgeo/vicmap2osm#community-feedback.

Another thing is where someone has mapped an address with housenumber=2/5, but Vicmap is indicating it's unit 2 number 5, we convert this to addr:unit=2 addr:housenumber=5. This is slightly overstepping simply importing Vicmap data, to changing existing data in OSM (which mostly for the rest of the import, if OSM says something different we flag it for manual review), so I'm happy to also skip this.

However, given X/Y usually means unit/number, and then only where Vicmap data confirms this, and given addr:unit is a widely used tag for unit value, I feel it's probably best we do this.

Soon I'll share some links to actual maps and data that show exactly what would be changes so we can do more QA.