[talk-au] Way errors in Quilpie Qld

osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au osm.talk-au at thorsten.engler.id.au
Sun Oct 3 02:55:29 UTC 2021

The correct offset for imagery can change very quickly from one place to another (alignment could be right at one place and off 100m down the road if the imagery is distorted).

JOSM has an “imagery offset database” if you install the right plugin:

https://learnosm.org/en/josm/correcting-imagery-offset/

you can use that to upload your corrected offset for a specific place and imagery layer so that others can get that offset from the db.

But this requires that people are conscious of the need to check the imagery offset before they do any work, and I think it’s only used by JOSM, not iD and other editors.