[talk-au] Cycling on Victorian paths

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 11:14:17 UTC 2021

With my DWG hat on, to summarise it looks like Graeme, Tony, Thorsten, Kim
all advocate for not blanket tagging bicycle=no to every normal footpath
(for the record I also support this, an explicit bicycle=no can still be
tagged where signage is indicating such). Matthew has pointed out cases
where Sebastian / HighRouleur has added bicycle=no but Mapillary shows
bicycle markings. Sebastian, unless all of this you've actually surveyed in
person and confirmed that the situation has change recently (happy to be
proven if this is the case, though I think it unlikely) then we should
proceed to roll back your changes because it's evident it goes against the
community wishes here and the bulk changes have brought in these errors.

Sebastian, thanks for joining our mailing list and engaging with this
discussion, but due to the consensus indicated here would you be willing to
work through and revert these changes you've made?