[talk-au] FYI Public Records VIC - Map Warper

Adam Horan ahoran at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 07:02:37 UTC 2021

"what is it actually doing?"

You use it to correct/align old maps to modern maps. This enables browsing
and overlays of old maps onto modern eg
https://mapwarper.prov.vic.gov.au/maps/10890#Preview_Rectified_Map_tab
There's a WMS layer produced that can be shown in JOSM and others, see
https://mapwarper.prov.vic.gov.au/maps/10890#Export_tab . I've no idea on
the legals/copyright involved in utilising the information on these maps in
OSM (even if data was still relevant all these years later)