[talk-au] Suspicious amount of removed bicycle tags

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Sun Sep 19 12:27:45 UTC 2021

Just a thought and I hope not too imperialist sounding:  in UK England
and Wales law, a distinction evolved between a "footway" and a
"footpath", just possibly pre-1900 (unclear):

https://pedestrianliberation.org/the-law-2/
"'footway' is the modern legal term for ‘that part of the highway set
aside for pedestrians’, commonly referred to as the pavement, and
‘footpath’ is the modern legal term for other pedestrian thoroughfares"

I wonder if the same distinction made its way into Victorian state law??

Mike