[OSM-talk-be] map copyrights?

Mark Van den Borre mark at markvdb.be
Thu Aug 28 12:16:44 UTC 2008

Luc, list,

Op 28 augustus 2008 13:48 heeft Luc Van den Troost
<luc.antw at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:
> The text below is quite legal-technical, and in order to use the proper
> terms it is only in dutch.
> Onderstaande tekst is redelijk technisch, en om in de mate van het
> mogelijke het juiste jargon te gebruiken is ie enkel in het nederlands.
>
> Ik heb ook de laatste weken wat bijeengesprokkeld omtrent auteursrecht
> en aanverwante.
Thank you for all the intellectual rights information you are quoting.
As a musician, I am painfully aware of all of that.

As I said before, what I am trying to do right now is get a decent
lawyer to sketch me the situation regarding intellectual rights
attached to geodata in Belgium. Once I have that, my next step will
probably be a visit to the NGI/IGN. Before doing so, I might ask you
people for permission to carry the official openstreetmap Belgium hat,
rather than go as an individual. In that case, I will of course invite
interested openstreetmap people to a preparatory meeting.

I will keep you in the loop.

Sincerely,

Mark
--