[OSM-talk-be] Unmapped Place For Belgium in Septembre

Sander Deryckere sanderd17 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:08:19 UTC 2011

2011/9/13 Gerard Vanderveken <Ghia at ghia.eu>

> At the start of the fusion, one of the villages that merged was the so
> called 'pilootgemeente'. In most cases the name of the village was also the
> new name for the fusion.
> I assume that in the case where an alternative name was given, there was
> also this 'pilootgemeente' and perhaps the town hall is also located there.
> Placing: at town center or geographic center of the fusion?

Hmm, difficult to distinguish the pilootgemeente in Lo-Reninge (or in
Heuvelland). I will have to check it locally I guess. Can we assume that the
town hall is in the pilootgemeente? Or do we have other means of knowing the
pilootgemeente?

> Another question arises:
> My village Huldenberg consists out of Huldenberg, Loonbeek, Neerijse,
> Sint-Agatha-Rode and Ottenburg.
> Should Huldenberg have two POI with the name on the different levels (once
> for the fusion village as a whole and one for the village itself)?
>
> Regards,
> Gerard.

This can be solved with the boundary relations. Huldenberg, Loonbeek,
Neerijse etc should have a boundary with admin level 9 and there should also
be a relation with admin level 8 around all of them. In the boundary
relation, you can set an admin_centre, so the POI of Huldenberg should be
admin_centre of two relations: one with admin_level 9 and the one with
admin_level 8.

I do often forget the admin_centre members myself, but I believe this is a
good way to do it.