[OSM-talk-be] Unmapped Place For Belgium in Septembre

Ben Laenen benlaenen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:29:02 BST 2011

Let's remind everyone about this page again
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Belgium/Conventions/Places

If the fusion municipality has the same name as a deelgemeente/section, then
there's only one place node with that name. Don't add a second one for the
fusion municipality. This node is then placed near the center of this village
or town ('center' as in the busiest part of the village or town; I guess the
town hall is often located around there, but not necessarily).

In cases like "Heuvelland", "Langemark-Poelkapelle" etc. an extra node is
placed somewhere in the center of the fusion municipality with this name, but
it's a bit arbitrary ('center' as in the middle). Sometimes it makes more
sense to place it between the villages or towns belonging to that fusion
municipality.

And just disregard all the "pilot municipality" stuff, i.e. don't put the
"Langemark-Poelkapelle" place node over the center of Langemark just because
it was its pilot municipality and the town hall is located over there.

Greetings
Ben