[OSM-talk-be] Talk-be Digest, Vol 49, Issue 9

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 08:23:32 UTC 2012

If we decide to go and remap a village during a mapping party, we can make
sure to gather all relevant data, including street names, maxspeeds, etc.
There shouldn't be any doubt about it, that we did this before applying
those tags (again or anew).

In your own neighbourhood, you can keep the names, on condition you are
sure about them and the way they are spelled. A bit further away you have
to drop the street names and other tags which cannot be gathered from clean
sources. I've been doing this many times, reluctantly on the one hand. But
I'm sure those names and other bits of data will be surveyed and entered
once again, someday.

Jo