[OSM-talk-be] IBPT antennas

Midgard midgard+talkbe at janmaes.com
Sun Mar 8 14:34:58 UTC 2020

Cool news!

1) Instead of doing it once, wouldn't it be nicer to keep it updated? Generating a list of changes
   between two versions of the source file would be trivial.

2) Three meters is way, way, way too little. I opened the data and looked at literally the first
   antenna I saw in OSM, and it was 4.5 meters from BIPT's position. I would consider 25 meters the
   bare minimum.

3) And even then, just dumping elements in OSM without manual review is not considered best
   practice, but since it's only nodes, things are relatively simple and I won't object. I would
   just like to see that they're not placed too close to any other existing node, but that can be
   checked automatically.

Thanks for discussing before doing!

Kind regards,
Midgard

Quoting Vucodil via Talk-be (2020-03-08 14:15:26)