[Talk-br] Fwd: Re: [CrisisMappers] Outreach to vector and raster data to support OpenStreetMap floods response work in Brazil

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc em arkemie.com
Quinta Janeiro 13 21:30:43 GMT 2011

Forwarding from CrisisMappers to OpenStreetMap Brasil mailing lists.

Best wishes,

Jean-Guilhem

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: 	Re: [CrisisMappers] Outreach to vector and raster data to
support OpenStreetMap floods response work in Brazil
Date : 	Thu, 13 Jan 2011 15:53:06 -0500
De : 	Heather Leson <heatherleson at gmail.com>
Répondre à : 	crisismappers at googlegroups.com
Pour : 	crisismappers at googlegroups.com, "Daniela B. Silva"
<daniela at esfera.mobi>

Hi, I am sending Daniela's response on her behalf to the list as she is
awaiting membership

Hi everyone!

As Heather said, I am Daniela, and I am part of a community of ~ 350
activists for transparency and political participation through
technologies in Brazil called "Transparency Hacker".

Last year, we joined some friends from Open Street Maps (I wonder if
Vitor George is part of this group) in actions to map and organize
volunteer help to cities that were flooded in the state of Alagoas:
http://www.sosalagoas.al.org.br/

If there are groups getting organized to work with the floods that are
happening in southeast Brazil right now, count on us to act and help.

Talk soon,

Daniela

Heather Leson
heatherleson at gmail.com <mailto:heatherleson at gmail.com>