[Talk-br] Mapping in Rio de Janeiro

Arlindo Pereira openstreetmap em arlindopereira.com
Quinta Junho 7 22:33:27 BST 2012

I think that Barra da Tijuca is not as well mapped as Copacabana, so it
could be a good thing to do the mapping party there. They're 20km apart,
but they're very different in essence - Copacabana is dense, has subway, is
"foot-centric" etc., while Barra is more "car-centric", with many condos,
shopping malls etc. I've never been to US, but I'd say that Copacabana is
more like NY or San Francisco while Barra is more like Florida suburbs.

If you want to do the mapping party in Copacabana, it'd also be great. I
can give you instructions to come from Barra to Copacabana by public bus.

Cheers,
Arlindo "Nighto" Pereira