[Talk-br] name of some particular streets

Andreas Schmidt schmidt-postfach em freenet.de
Quarta Setembro 10 21:00:48 UTC 2014

Thanks to all of you,

now I am working on the hamlet of Santa Luzia do Norte

There are street names like
Rua Principal
Rua das Pedras
Rua das Flores (again as in the other village)
and Rua Nova

Is this spelling correct?

regards,
Andreas

Am 10.09.2014 um 21:37 schrieb Roger C. Soares:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> Rua d'Ajuda is just a contraction of Rua da Ajuda, they are the same
> thing. As these IBGE names usually don't use diacritics, I think
> there's a good chance that a ' is missing there. But feel free to name
> as Rua Dajuda, as this is what your source is showing.
>
> There are some abreviations as well, you could find something like RUA
> HELIO C NUNES. In this case I would write Rua Hélio C. Nunes, so later
> I can search for streets with a dot in the name and survey, at least
> in my city... TV in the beginning would be Travessa, Dr is Doutor,
> Prof for Professor, etc...
>
> It's good that you know a lot of foreign languages, we do share a lot
> of latin roots with spanish, italian and french :)
>
> And sure, fell free to ask as much as you want. We appreciate a lot
> your help, thanks very much!
>
> Regards,
> Roger.
>
> --
> Em 10-09-2014 15:15, Andreas Schmidt escreveu:
>> Hi Roger,
>>
>> thank you very much. Should you ever need any help with German
>> language, please feel free to ask me.
>>
>> Look, where I took RUA DAJUDA from:
>>

>> Am 10.09.2014 um 16:52 schrieb Roger C. Soares:
>>> Hi Andreas,

>>> This one I'm not sure, it probably would be Rua da Ajuda or Rua
>>> d'Ajuda. I would probably tag:
>>> name=Rua d'Ajuda