[Talk-ca] TTC in Toronto

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Wed Aug 27 22:41:34 BST 2008

I'm a newbie.  I went to a great presentation by Richard Weait at NewTLUG
last night.

I'd like to view TTC routes in OSM and there are a bunch of things I don't
know.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Canada:Ontario:Toronto
shows a legend.  The symbol for public transit (roughly) is described in
German.  So too is the symbol for public wilderness (roughly).  How come?

How does one ask for transit routes to be displayed?  For example, they
don't show up in this:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=43.6599&lon=-79.3859&zoom=14&layers=B0FT
(I got that from googling for TTC and openstreetmap; it has TTC stations.)

Is the trick to do something like changing the layers= part of that URL?
Do more controls show up if I sign up and log in?