[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] GeoBase nodes import

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Dec 18 00:35:18 GMT 2008

Hi,

Sam Vekemans wrote:
> So for example, importing a park (in a mapped area) we would just show
> the outline dots of the park, and the user can connect the dots and
> show it the 'right' way osm-style.

Sounds very esoteric, and it will also create a huge inflation of node
tags (something that has been done with TIGER as well - TIGER comprises
80% of OSM data volume but that's not beause the US is so big, just
because every node carries a kilobyte of tags...).

> Is there a way that josm is able to allow the user to click on the
> space where the node is and select which node they want to use to
> attach the line/area/relation they are working with?

No, but I'm sure it could be arranged.

> Is there a way to make sure that these nodes dont get rendered?

Most renderers don't render stuff they do not understand, so you'd just
have to make sure your tags are "out of this world" ;-)

Bye
Frederik