[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] GeoBase nodes import

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 02:49:44 GMT 2008

Thanks,
Esoteric: i had to wiki that one :)

Anyway, i dont think anyone has a problem with having Canada take the
number 1 spot for nodes :)
would just mean that planet file gets bigger.

If it meant that importing just the nodes (with extra unique ref tags)
over existing well mapped areas, (so not compromizing other user data)
 and at the same time makes it easy for the any of the few agencies to
use the data (if they want) - keeping it a 2-way street.
-would it be worth it? - i think it would
:)

I got word back that geobase is held in shapes/lines data sets. -where
it is technically possable to break it down to nodes, just means the
files get bigger.
Fortunatly we have no limit on file size, just would need to get a
bigger server back-bone, a university donated one?

Perhaps its possable to have it as part of the import script?
Like the land mass import, without the lines connecting it?

And josm having the option to select different nodes which are ontop
of eachother? Good to hear its technically possable.

Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails