[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] GeoBase nodes import

Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) ajrlists at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:59:11 GMT 2008

Doesn't get my vote. If it's a feature already why would we want to have to
recreate it manually. Also by just importing nodes how can we
visually/easily tell what nodes relate to what feature, especially if
features overlap or cross.

I can understand the difficulty in adding new data into already mapped
areas, but if this import process is done by tile for instance then the
local user can specifically ask for the import and can work on clean-up tile
by tile (or other logical area) or decide that the data for that area is
already good enough and doesn't need the addition of the geobase data. Just
because we have another source of data doesn't mean to say that our data
isn't as good or better for specific locations.

Cheers

Andy