[Talk-ca] Deleting Ways

Richard Degelder rtdegelder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 04:07:22 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 22:52 -0500, Michel Gilbert wrote:

> 2008/12/30 Richard Degelder <rtdegelder at gmail.com>
>         Michel,
>
>         Are you deleting all of the ways that you loaded with the bulk
>         upload or
>         only those that are exceeding the limit.  Those geopolitical
>         boundaries
>         that consist of only a relatively small number of nodes are
>         probably
>         fine to leave within OSM.
>
>         Richard Degelder
>
> It will be easier to reprocess all of them because I do not have to
> manage the updates (nodes to keep and new nodes). Let me know if the
> deletions cause you a problem. The new file with boundaries at 500
> nodes is ready for an upload. But first I have to delete the current
> ones.
>
> Michel

No, they will not cause problems!  I am, however, really looking forward
to your new upload and having the Geopolitical boundaries within OSM on
a permanent basis.  With your upload we went from just talking to, in
fact, using the GeoBase data that we were given permission to use to
make an improvement within OSM.  Your upload was the first visible step
to incorporating the GeoBase data.  And the data looked good too!

Thanks for the work.

Richard Degelder