[Talk-ca] OpenAerialMap for geoBase Data? Yahoo! Image 2006 i-cubed?

Dale Atkin datkin at ibycus.com
Thu Jul 24 15:12:43 BST 2008

I haven't really done much (anything) with OSM, so I don't know how feasible
the following is within the OSM framework, but it occurs to me that one
project which might be *very* useful in the mapping world would be an effort
to associate Road Names/Address information with NIDs.

NIDs are used to uniquely identify a road segment in the Geobase data set.
If one could build a cross reference between NID and road name/attributes,
this would be a very useful database to have.

I don't know how useful (or fruitful) simply reproducing the efforts of
collecting the road information would ultimately be, but I imagine if you
start collecting revisions, additions, modifications to the Geobase network
files, you might ultimately produce an interesting product.

Dale