[Talk-ca] Tagging of Street names.

Blake Crosby me at blakecrosby.com
Mon Mar 31 17:23:32 BST 2008

Hey Simon,

I asked the question a while ago on the newbies list.

The suggested way is to tag the names to the fullest. Ie:

51st Street North East.

The idea behind that is that the abbreviation is to be left to the front
end display engine. Ie, the routing software or the map renderer.

For more info, check out the thread at:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/newbies/2008-February/001090.html

Blake