[Talk-ca] Geobase and geogratis.ca and other available data

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 04:45:40 GMT 2008

Hi,
looking a bit further into it, and hearing from ibycus, i have 4
points to mention.
1 - would we be able to get a template (a set of instructions how to
grab &convert the data  into osm format)
2 there is the land features poi data base available, would be great
to get that set of instructions also.
3 im looking at the geobase site and see that they appear to be
wanting to be an international data base, so im wondering (to what
extent) how much geobase wants to help, (and also geogratis) will want
to work with osm foundation?
4 i read that osgeo doesnt want to be part of the osm foundation,
thats because of the problem with our cc-sa licence. (just as my
discussion with michel, the source tags would be merged (unless the
source gets put on 2 notes of the way)
so, if cc-sa was adjusted so that all nodes be required to show it
source. (atribution would just be in the source, not what the renderar
decides todo) if the back end database was free like that; that might
make opensource people happy.