[Talk-ca] Geobase import by provinces

michcasa at gmail.com michcasa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:14:21 GMT 2008

Corey: The Kamploops example was to validate the change detection process
and import. The boundary cutting was arbitrary. I think we can import by
bounding box of 0.5 degree for example and make sure to have overlaps. That
way I would have catch the error you indicate.

Richard: The hydrographic layer (NHN) is better than vmap0. In term of
scale it goes from 1:20K to1:50K. Although there is no geometric
integration between NRN and NHN, the accuracy allows pretty good
cartographic integration.
Yukon is fine for me for beta testing.
Do you suggest to import boundary layer first ?

cheers,
Michel