[Talk-ca] new member, need assistence in using Nuvi 265

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Mon Nov 24 16:07:59 GMT 2008

Hi Andy!  I've been using GPSBabel for a Garmin eTrex HCx.  It recognizes the
device, and pulls the track info directly from it, then saves as a .GPX file.  This
imports wonderfully with JOSM.

I've been cautioned against saving the tracks on the device itself; apparently the
files saved by Garmins do not contain the timestamps that OSM requires in uploaded
tracks.

If MLUG/MUMU is meeting this week I can show you how I do it.

GPSBabel: http://www.gpsbabel.org/

MLUG/MUMU: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-ca/2008-November/005289.html

--Bob.