[Talk-ca] Ontario Road Network

Herman Versteeg versteh at algonquincollege.com
Tue Nov 25 18:23:43 GMT 2008

Hello, I am very interested in getting some free road data for the Ottawa area (where I am an instructor in the GIS program at Algonquin College). I came across this web page (http://www.brocku.ca/maplibrary/digital/ORN.html) at Brock University, which states that the Ontario Road Network is in the public domain. This web page also refers to the Geography Network website (http://www.geographynetwork.ca/website/orn/viewer.htm) where the ORN can be downloaded for free. I could not find anything on this website about a license The ORN contains driving directions and address ranges. Before I investigate this data set further I would like to know if anybody here has done so already.
Herman