[Talk-ca] Newbee questions...

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Tue Sep 30 05:47:40 BST 2008

and richard at weait.com replied:

>Not a bad choice.  Why not have a look at
>http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features and revive
>Music_venue, or add "stage" or "bandshell"?

There's one of these in Elmira too.  It only shows up when I select
"Show Map Data", which gives me this when I click on the link:

http://openstreetmap.org/browse/way/27240113

I picked "amenity=public_building, name=Bandstand" since JOSM didn't
offer anything more appropriate.  I'll be happy to change it to
something better.

BTW, purists will insist that a bandstand is not a bandshell.  The
bandstand is a raised platform, possibly with a roof, but a
bandshell is a stage with an acoustic scoop behind it.

--Bob.