[Talk-ca] canvec2osm sample area tofino BC _with roads

Steve Singer ssinger_pg at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 2 01:49:12 BST 2009

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Sam Vekemans wrote:

> And Steve, my plan is still to wait till you run the geobase2osm script
> (unfortunatly i dont know how too),,, before loading any of the canvec data
> on top.   If you have a chance, please let me know if it would be fine to be
> importing the data for .. those areas of
> very very little to know OSM data.?? .
>
> And everyone,.. since the geobase2osm script would detect that canvecROADS
> were already imported, it would look at them the same way as user created
> OSM Roads.???

I'm somewhat confused by the above two paragraphs, they seem to contradict
each other.  Is it the case that:

1. Your not going to import the road layer from canvec.  In this case it
doesn't matter if you import the canvec data before or after the geobase
roads are imported.   Campgrounds, power lines, buildings etc... won't
conflict with roads (I won't exclude roads based on a power line running
next to it).

2. Your going to import the canvec roads, if so then any roads you import
before I run roadmatcher should just result in that road being excluded from
the geobase import (it will be treated just like any other OSM road).  If I
do the geobase import first then you'll need to find a way to detect
conflicts.

Which one is it?