[Talk-ca] [OSM-talk] Addr:streetnumber:first;last:left;right

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Tue Apr 7 15:12:07 BST 2009

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:44:37PM +0200, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> We add a addr:interpolation on each side of the way with an arbitrary
> offset and with some simple heuristics to make it look correct
> (although obviously it needs a manual check like all imported data -
> to see that it corresponds with reality).  I didn't add any address
> relations but addr:street value can be used to add relations
> automatically if needed.  Here's a sample:

My guess is that addr:interpolation ways are overkill. As the OSR Project
shows people tend to interpolate regardless of the additional tags
telling them to do so. When you have 3-7 fixed housenumbers on the road
just interpolate.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo at rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
	Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little