[Talk-ca] FW: Canvec import in Montréal with ? names

Daniel Begin begindaniel at videotron.ca
Fri Dec 11 15:36:00 GMT 2009

Hi all, I'm guilty!

Actually, I'm importing the Canvec road network in Laval (north of Montreal)
because I've done a lot GPS mapping in this area.  Last week I used
canvec-to-osm to convert the rest of the road network.  So, if the tags are
not appropriate, something should be modified in the application.

Curiously, I used the same application few weeks ago near Sherbrooke area
and did not have that problem?!!  Someone can explain it to me?

However, I am in the process of correcting the data I imported. It has not
only odd tags but a problem using JOSM creates a lot of duplicate ways.

Which tags do you suggest I keep/remove? Pierre-Luc suggested me to remove
tags with "?" values, any other suggestions? I can easily removed odd tags
at the same time I'm correcting my ways.

Cheers,

Daniel