[Talk-ca] uStream.tv - GeoBase Import to OpenStreetMap

John Peterson jdp at ix.netcom.com
Fri Feb 6 05:59:56 GMT 2009

I've had decent results using roadmatcher in a somewhat road-populated area
(Port Stanley Ontario 040I11)
The results were decent because I chopped up the existing osm roads at every
intersection before running roadmatcher
I then make a list of "Standalones" that should have been matched by
overlaying the existing osm map with my new alone osm file in Mercaartor and
manually selecting all the duplicate roads (there were about 35 in this
region).
That leaves me with a pretty good alone file.
I have a script that finds all the intersection nodes and splits the ways at
those points, but it's not in any condition to upload right now.
John Peterson
> Thanks,I hope Steve Singer would be able to help answer the question.
> I'll just give my notes: