[Talk-ca] uStream.tv - GeoBase Import to OpenStreetMap

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 10:55:20 GMT 2009

Hi John Peterson,
Awesome!
Thanks for the great work :)
(im just searching for it now, as i'm curious)
It would be helpful to perhaps post on the wiki page about the steps for
making the 'standalones' and using Merrcator this is another great option.
:)

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Geobase_NRN_-_OSM_Map_Feature

Please update the wiki and add in your progress, so everyone knows that your
working on the area.

Hi talk-ca list,
Oh ya, i'm just checking the wiki page, (as Harry Wood was so kind to fix up
the page a bit more).
There has been a couple other methods that people have done, which are
slightly different than what is listed.  Perhaps we can have it as 'method
#1, 2, 3' or A, B, C?

Whatever works is great for everyone :)  ... we just need to still keep in
mind about how to deal with updates. .. if the update file will look at the
data as all OSM data, so not playing favorites and treating the data a
equal?  (I think thats the preferred way)

and oh ya..  What about having a link to where we can see the imported data
rendered?  would that help?

and a final thought..  my recommendation would be that for those who are
importing data, to continue importing Adjacent NTS tiles, this way, we can
avoid accidentally working on the same tiles.  AND can cover the larger area
over time, as people get better and as the method gets better.

Thanks again,
Cheers,
Sam Vekemans
Across Canada Trails